When a first-time renter decides to get into self storage, it would be unfair to expect you to know everything about how to use your space efficiently. Fortunately, there are plenty of people out there that have been through storage and know how it works.
At 10 Federal Storage, we are here to help you get the most out of your storage experience. That is why we have put together some advice to help you with self storage. If you need additional support, contact our team of storage experts.
Storage Prep Tips
Before you get carried away with loading boxes and moving in, it is important to have a solid plan to build on. Here are some tips to help you prepare for storage:
- When packing boxes, tightly seal them with packing tape.
- Label boxes on the top and all sides for easy identification.
- Get covers for items like furniture and mattresses.
- Make a planned layout for your unit to make move-in easier.
- Identify which items you will access most often, then save those for last.
- Drain fluids from equipment like lawn mowers.
If you accomplish all of these things, you will save yourself quite a few headaches while moving into your storage unit.
Storage Layout Tips
With all your prep work done, you can start loading up your storage unit. You have a solid plan, so now you can build from it to pack your storage unit efficiently. Here are some tips to help make things efficient:
- Stack boxes from heaviest to lightest.
- Maximize space by stacking toward the ceiling.
- Leave a central aisle that allows for ease of movement.
- Pack the least commonly needed items in the back and the most common in front.
- Purchase a quality lock to seal up your unit.
Get Your Self Storage Experience Started With 10 Federal
At 10 Federal, we have experienced storage professionals who can help you make the most out of your storage unit. Find a 10 Federal Storage location near you with the best storage solutions for what you need.